Hansell Violins Terms of Trading Fittings
Once an order is received the customer will be contacted and payment details discussed. An approximate lead time is given and Roger Hansell Violins Ltd will endeavour to meet deadlines and keep the customer informed. As all our fittings are made to your specific requirements it may not be possible to cancel or make alterations to the order once work has begun. Please note it is the clients' responsibility to give us all the relevant information at the time of ordering.
when ordering stained boxwood fittings
Increasingly our clients are specifying whether they would like their boxwood fittings with a dark, light or medium stain and we do our utmost to meet these requests, but would like to point out the following:
- Dark, medium and light mean different things to different people and we will always use our own judgement when staining to these loose definitions
- Colours appear different on every computer monitor, so emailing a photograph for us to match may not be accurate, just a guide.
- We can match fittings and if this is something you require please send a sample peg (or similar) to the workshop. There will be a cost implication for exact colour matching and we will discuss this with you on an individual basis.
- If no shade / tone is asked for at the outset of an order Hansell Violins will send stained boxwood in what we would describe as ‘a rich deep stain’.
- A medium or light stain can always be made deeper and darker by putting the fittings in ammonia fumes until the desired colour is achieved, but it is not possible to lighten dark fittings.
When cutting wood for fittings we carefully select suitable pieces to ensure that peg shanks will always be in straight grain and we avoid knots and shakes, but it must be noted that unless we are given specific instructions we will use the wood in the most economical way. There will be a cost implication where we are asked to choose wood with specific qualities.
Quotes are valid for 30 days. Once an order is confirmed we will honour the quote but if the customer adds to or changes the specification this will require re-pricing.
Please let us know when you order how you would like your fittings sent to you, by courier or by next day delivery (courier or Royal Mail International Track and Signature for our overseas clients). It is the client’s responsibility to draw our attention to a change of address or special requirements for posting, if this is not included with your order information we cannot be held responsible for mistakes. This information needs to be repeated on each order.
Payment and Delivery
We will email an invoice when your order is complete and ask for payment at that time. Your fittings will not be posted until we see payment in our account. Once payment has been made we will post your fittings by the method you have requested and email you with tracking details.
Quality and Commitment
Roger Hansell Violins Ltd will always refund or replace any item that is returned and is found to display faults. This guarantee extends to five years on all fittings, but we reserve the right to request that faulty items are returned first so that we can identify why a fault may have occurred. Please contact the workshop direct.
All items made in our workshop are bespoke and great attention is paid to ensuring that we make the exact fittings of your choice, for this reason items may only be returned if we have made a mistake or they are found to be faulty, please contact the workshop and we will do our best to meet your needs through a refund or replacement.
N.B. If you are placing a large order including a style for the first time and are unsure of its suitability please order one as a sample. Samples must be paid for or returned unused. It will not be possible to return large orders unless they are faulty.
If you are returning goods from outside the UK please ensure you state on your package that they were purchased in the UK and are being returned. A Customs Fee may be payable on returned items and this charge will be passed on to the client if the proper procedure is not followed.
Where applicable, VAT will be charged at the current rate.